- Ooo... DSL is fast! Now I need something to do with it...
- No seriously, I don't remember having received any before. Edit: Okay, it's the first one that I actually received in my inbox. I don't actually know if Yahoo or Gmail's filters killed one before i saw it.
- This internet shop is using Windows 98, apparently. And it looks like Firefox's icon doesn't show properly in 98? Oh, and Yahoo has a new front page.
- In case you haven't heard, Firefox, the little browser that could, is scheduled for the official 1.0 release on Nov. 9. There's a large promotion campaign going on over at SpreadFirefox.com, including a campaign to gather donations for a large ad of some sort on the New York Times. I'm still using 0.9, despite the availability of 1.0PR, but I'll surely get the official 1.0 come November 9. 😀 BTW, there are some cool Firefox wallpapers available.
- There's a new, official Windows XP Theme out. Supposedly meant for Tablet PCs, it works for regular desktops too. Cool.
- People have been raving about Google Desktop lately. I didn't like it. Aside from the obvious problem with multi-user computers, apparently there are some other issues. I wouldn't use it for my everyday, personal stuff, but I think it might be okay at work.
- Spent some cash this weekend. First thing was a 256 Mb Kingston flash drive. Nothing too complicated, just something to transfer MP3s to and from work with. =) Next up was a digital camera. A Kodak CX6330 to be exact. We had been planning to buy one for a while. Pics? Not now. Funny story though. There was this promo where we could get a P5000 discount (less than US$100) if we could show a receipt for P200 worth of Pampers (a local brand of baby diapers)... so I had to explain to people why in the world I was
- God, it feels good to be goofing off. After having to spend six days in HK (well, more like five-and-a-half, more on that later) and then proceeding to conduct SQL training sessions for the latest batch of recruits, I was kinda tired and stressed out from work. Good thing I had the common sense to file for two days leave after the elections last Monday; don't have to come in 'til tomorrow. Not that I'm using the free time for anything sensible mind you. In fact, most people would probably consider it a serious waste of vacation leave. But hey,
- Since I got Windows XP a little less than a year ago, I've tried looking around for cheap (read: free) ways to customize the interface. I did eventually find some solutions, but after trying a nice chrome theme for a while, I eventually went back to the default XP look. Why? I realize now, I like the Luna interface. It's neat. It's one of the best things to come out of Microsoft in eight years.
- Yes I do. I bought a new hard drive yesterday, a 40Gb 5400RPM Seagate. It took me a while to get the system up and running again after my plugging it in. First I had to wrestle with my PC's small case, trying to figure out where to place the thing. Then, given how old my PC is, it predictably failed to detect the whole capacity of the drive, insisting it was only 8 Gb. I went down to Seagate's website and did some Dynamic Drive Overlay thing that let me overcome the BIOS limitations. But the DDO installed a