- So I got a Nintendo Switch last month. One of the first games I had gotten for the system was the recently released Super Mario 3d All-Stars. I had really been wanting to play Super Mario Odyssey instead, but my brother had a copy of that game that I could borrow later, so I decided to get 3dAS first, as I had never really played the 3 games on the collection. I've mostly played the 2d Mario games prior to this, with the exception of 3d Land (3DS) and 3d World (WiiU), although both of those games were closer in
- I finished Uncharted 4: A Thief's End yesterday, and I felt like making a post about it, since I had a bunch of screenshots. Late game review because the game came out in 2016. I think I got it from PS+? Certainly didn't pay for it. I first played the original Uncharted trilogy back in 2010-2011, but I found out just now while writing this post that I never finished Uncharted 3 (started yes, apparently), so that explains why some story elements seemed unfamiliar in the 4th game. (I think I may have also gotten the trilogy remaster via PS+,
We first got a PS3 waaaay back in 2008.
- Just in time for #JRPGJuly, I finally managed to complete my platinum run for Final Fantasy VII Remake! Spoiler-free review first, then the rest of the sections are no-holds barred. FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE_20200702124424.jpg (Click to view full-size) FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE_20200702124424.jpg July 20, 2020, 8 a.m. View post Close Spoiler-free review The game is a fantastic retelling of the original FF7's Midgar section. The plot largely tracks the original, except greatly expounded. More plot details are added to expound on character details and backstories, especially for supporting characters like Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie, and even for Shinra corporation itself.
- I was going through some old emails and found some receipts for things I had purchased from the iTunes App Store for my iPad, and I wondered how much have I actually spent on apps/games on the App Store? I went through all the receipts and decided to write mini-reviews for each item as well: Purchase Date Name Price (USD) Still Available on App Store? Notes 2010/10/30 Alien Blue HD - Reddit Client (Unofficial), v1.1.0, Developer: Morrissey Exchange Pty Ltd (17+) 3.99 N Wow, my first ever App Store purchase was a Reddit app! Appropriate since I reddit a lot.
I recorded myself struggling to beat the Cyclops boss from Megaman 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiWhBlrGiK8 #gaming
- Some gaming things I'm looking forward to in the coming weeks: 12 Mar: Historic anthology 2 and return of Historic ranked in Magic Arena. Looking forward to new cards being added to the Historic pool! 18 Mar: Release of Federations DLC for Stellaris. I'm not planning to get the DLC, what I'm looking forward to is the accompanying free patch since one of the promises is improved late-game performance, something which made playing this game very annoying during the past year. I'm a big fan of how Paradox does continuous content updates for their titles, even now almost 4 years
- For the past month, most of my gaming time was spent on the Steam version of Tales of Berseria, which I got from a Humble Monthly Bundle back in 2018. Summary: One of the best entries in the Tales series. Has fun combat, a great cast, a darker story and a really good aesthetic. My notes: I'm a big fan of the Tales series of games, ever since Phantasia on the SNES and Destiny on the PS1, and I take the opportunity to play them whenever they come out for a console I actually have. I'm especially a fan of
- I rarely tell other people my dreams anymore because it feels kind of weird, but this one was too good to pass up. It involves pro streamers and the fighting game community.
Streaming some casual Theros Sealed: https://www.twitch.tv/twitchyroy #twitch #gaming #mtg
Stream lasted 2+ hours, but I finally managed to 7-2 a sealed, even with a crappy pool!
Youtube mirror: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU4a553Jo2o&feature=youtu.be Highlight: NIGHTMARE HORSE!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU4a553Jo2o&feature=youtu.be