- After playing through Super Mario 3D All Stars in October, I borrowed a copy of Super Mario Odyssey for the Nintendo Switch from my brother and played through it for most of November. Odyssey was the main reason I actually got a Switch; I played through a few worlds at a friends house during a single session and loved it, so I had been meaning to get the console just for Odyssey alone. The game deviates a bit from the formula established by Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy; Instead of a single hub that leads to small mission worlds, there
- So I got a Nintendo Switch last month. One of the first games I had gotten for the system was the recently released Super Mario 3d All-Stars. I had really been wanting to play Super Mario Odyssey instead, but my brother had a copy of that game that I could borrow later, so I decided to get 3dAS first, as I had never really played the 3 games on the collection. I've mostly played the 2d Mario games prior to this, with the exception of 3d Land (3DS) and 3d World (WiiU), although both of those games were closer in
I finished Super Mario Sunshine! #SuperMario3DAllStars #NintendoSwitch
took me 5 tries to win at #SuperMarioBros35 #NintendoSwitchOnline #NintendoSwitch
- I finished Uncharted 4: A Thief's End yesterday, and I felt like making a post about it, since I had a bunch of screenshots. Late game review because the game came out in 2016. I think I got it from PS+? Certainly didn't pay for it. I first played the original Uncharted trilogy back in 2010-2011, but I found out just now while writing this post that I never finished Uncharted 3 (started yes, apparently), so that explains why some story elements seemed unfamiliar in the 4th game. (I think I may have also gotten the trilogy remaster via PS+,
We first got a PS3 waaaay back in 2008.
- Just in time for #JRPGJuly, I finally managed to complete my platinum run for Final Fantasy VII Remake! Spoiler-free review first, then the rest of the sections are no-holds barred. Spoiler-free review The game is a fantastic retelling of the original FF7's Midgar section. The plot largely tracks the original, except greatly expounded. More plot details are added to expound on character details and backstories, especially for supporting characters like Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie, and even for Shinra corporation itself. The game isn't open world like FFXV kind of was; that would have been difficult given the plot they were
- I was going through some old emails and found some receipts for things I had purchased from the iTunes App Store for my iPad, and I wondered how much have I actually spent on apps/games on the App Store? I went through all the receipts and decided to write mini-reviews for each item as well: Purchase Date Name Price (USD) Still Available on App Store? Notes 2010/10/30 Alien Blue HD - Reddit Client (Unofficial), v1.1.0, Developer: Morrissey Exchange Pty Ltd (17+) 3.99 N Wow, my first ever App Store purchase was a Reddit app! Appropriate since I reddit a lot.
I recorded myself struggling to beat the Cyclops boss from Megaman 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiWhBlrGiK8 #gaming
- Some gaming things I'm looking forward to in the coming weeks: 12 Mar: Historic anthology 2 and return of Historic ranked in Magic Arena. Looking forward to new cards being added to the Historic pool! 18 Mar: Release of Federations DLC for Stellaris. I'm not planning to get the DLC, what I'm looking forward to is the accompanying free patch since one of the promises is improved late-game performance, something which made playing this game very annoying during the past year. I'm a big fan of how Paradox does continuous content updates for their titles, even now almost 4 years