Supergirl had their series finale last week; the usual big superhero fight affair with a heavy-handed focus on "empowering people" typical of the series and relying on Supergirl making a big speech to inspire everyone in the world. Ended with a lesbian wedding, so go diversity. Wasn't a big fan of this season, waaay too much magic and time spent in the phantom zone and such. The last part was basically them chasing a set of McGuffins each with different rules that let them do a different gimmick with each episode and gave Kara an excuse to have another inner
Arrow wasn't a perfect show but that was a fantastic finale. They basically gave the fans everything they have ever asked for. EVERYTHING!
So the back half of the CW Arrowverse's epic Crisis on Infinite Earth's crossover finally aired this week, and I promised more words about the Arrowverse and the crossover last month, so here we are. Spoilers abound! On Jan. 15, 2020, 1:05 p.m. I wrote: #CrisisOnInfiniteEarths spoiler free review: low budget, pacing and writing issues, but idc because all the dc comics fan service kept making me smile First the bad: as noted above, writing and pacing and budget issues plague the crossover, but this is typical of the Arrowverse as a whole. TBH sometimes I question why I still
#CrisisOnInfiniteEarths spoiler free review: low budget, pacing and writing issues, but idc because all the dc comics fan service kept making me smile
I still dont understand why they needed Ryan Choi for #CrisisOnInfiniteEarths lol
No spoilers, but the #CrisisOfInfiniteEarths cliffhanger was amazing. The only problem now is we have to wait one month for the back half lol
I watched an episode of Batwoman to see what it was like before Crisis, and it was mostly Kane family drama. Unsurprising because:
Arrow S1: Queen family drama
Flash S1: Allen family drama
Supergirl S1: House of El family drama
This is why Legends is the best one
I don't understand why the Arrowverse producers want to make a Mia Smoak spinoff when the flashforwards are the most boring parts of arrow seasons 7 and 8
💬 Reply to :
If you're like me and aren't really familiar with the season posters, and have trouble remembering which season is which, here's a guide:
S - Arrow2 (Slade), Arrow5 (Prometheus), Flash2 (Zoom), Legends3 (Mallus)
A - Arrow1 (Malcolm Merlyn), Flash1 (Reverse Flash), Legends2 (Legion of Doom), Legends4 (Neron), Supergirl4 (Lex Luthor)
B - Arrow6 (Diaz), Arrow7 (Emiko), Flash4 (Thinker)
C - Flash3 (Savitar), Flash5 (Cicada), Supergirl3 (Reign)
D - Arrow3 (Ra's al-Ghul), Legends1 (Vandal Savage), Supergirl2 (Daxamites)
E - Supergirl1 (Astra/Non/Indigo)
F - Arrow4 (Damien Dahrk)
Don't get me wrong, the Arrowverse has its faults, but after #Elseworlds I'm seriously about as excited for next year's crossover as Avengers: Endgame, and that's something!
Arrowverse Elseworlds crossover spoiler-free review!
- if you’re not aware, episode 1 - Flash S05E09, episode 2 - Arrow S07E09, episode 3 - Supergirl S04E09
- I don’t usually review TV show crossovers but TBH I can’t recall any other any TV show crossovers and I just really, really enjoyed this one
- basically a love letter to DC comics fans, a celebration of dc comics/TV/movies from the past four decades, and apparently a prelude of things to come. Non-comicbook fans might not be as happy as me lol
- all three episodes were great (middle episode slightly worse because Arrow lol), I was smiling all the time and apploauding all the references
- frankly not everything made sense, but I’ll forgive it (I mean, have you *read* crisis on infinite earths? lol
- bonus: for more zaniness, also watch this week’s Legend’s of Tomorrow, they didn’t want to be outdone!
- I also watched Aquaman today, and that was fine (review later) but I decided to write a review of this crossover first!
- tonight’s reading list (image attached)
(Click photos to view full-size)
#Elseworlds episode 2 slightly worse because it's Arrow lol. But still pretty great, lots of Easter Eggs for DC fans
Okay, the ending was a bit weak for me but now that I've caught up, Gotham had a great season 2! Ranking now changed: Gotham > Shield/Flash > LoT > Arrow haha The show has greatly improved since they moved away from the villain-of-the-week format and went for longer story arcs, and lots more comic book references too! The only story arc I wasn't too happy about was the Penguin family stuff, but it didn't matter too much so that's fine. Looking forward to Season 3!
I wonder if they're going to try to merge Supergirl universe with the Arrowverse somehow. With Flash and Supergirl there, we have the proper elements for a crisis on infinite earths :p https://ew.com/article/2016/05/19/cw-crossover-arrow-flash-legends-tomorrow-supergirl/