BUMBLEBEE Spoiler-Free review!
- attached image summarizes the plot. loljk (credit: Transformers (1985 - Marvel) #2)
- I’m a big Transformers fan, more G1 than Bayverse (I didn’t even watch the last Michael Bay one). If you are like me, you will probably enjoy the film
- if you grew up in the 80s like me, you will enjoy the film a bit more. Props to the 80s soundtrack
- the plot is simple, straightforward and unambitious, unencumbered by any of Bayverse Megatron’s super-complicated plans that he has been plotting for million of years in case he gets stranded on earth
- not having a plethora of autobot and decepticon characters to develop on each side means the transformers are more distinctive and easier to identify, a big problem I had with the later bayverse films
- i didnt understand some scenes where it looked like the characters were talking to some kind of human soldier but I can’t see him?
- foolish humans!
- there is a “mid-credits” scene; I say “mid-credits” because they really only show the director credit before immediately going into the “mid-credits” scene
- magugustuhan ba ni mama: no, she’s not into giant robots. the movie is family-friendly, other than the violent explosions
- after the movie, I went to the CR to pee, and I overheard two kids talking: “Ano pangalan nung autobot na pula? Christopher?” “Cliffjumper!”
(Click photos to view full-size)