Comment by Linda on Sparketype · roytang.net

Hi, I have the same sparktype and shadow type. I totally agree with my results but haven't used them in my work. I'm so misaligned but that's a whole other story.

Comment by Lauren Lesser on Sparketype · roytang.net

I got the same results! And your post came up in my google results when I saw trying to find more info about my type without signing up for the full package/book, ha. Since no one else commented, just figured I'd leave you one. Hello from a random stranger, keep up the good writing!

Comment by roytang on MTG Arena · roytang.net

AFAIK they have not announced any plans for that. Seems unlikely.

Comment by roytang on My history in text editors

I don't usually need the font resize, but there's Ctrl + and Ctrl - available I believe. I haven't used VS Code long enough to have an opinion on extensions yet, maybe a follow-up post later down the line.

Comment by SublimeBoy on My history in text editors

VSCode FTW! On a side note, quickly found out that you cant do the instant font resize via Ctrl+mousewheel (which was possible in SublimeText) Could you do another blog entry on your configurations and extensions you have good and bad experience on? Thanks!

Comment by roytang on Macbook Air (2017 Model)

I tried out the newer MBP models in-store a few times, but I'm not really the sort of person who can figure out what I like from just a few minutes of trying it out. I figured it was just safer to go for the cheaper model now and maybe upgrade a few years down the line if ever

Comment by Jensen on Macbook Air (2017 Model)

Problems with the keyboard are a bit overblown esp with the 2018 MBP refresh. Only the 2016 models have actual defective (easier to break) keys. It's really more about personal preference at this point. I love the new keyboard switches they have on the mac, and now the 2015 and below models feel mushy in comparison. But before I decided to buy I went to the store to try out the keyboard myself for a few times if I liked it or not.

IDK actually. It’s supposedly part of the Linux Subsystem for Windows so I guess it comes with some other stuff, but I really only use the shell and any relevant command line utils and I don’t notice any bloat.

Comment by shibainu on The Setup 2018 Edition

doesnt the BoUoW (Bash on Ubuntu on Windows) introduce a lot of other bloatware?

Comment by roy on Let's Encrypt!

Oh nice, I didnt know Cloudflare provided SSL

Comment by MrValdez on Let's Encrypt!

Nice. I got SSL from Cloudflare.https://www.troyhunt.com/the-6-step-happy-path-to-https/

Hi Roy,Good points all around. I see my blog as MY blog. Own your domain and hosting and it is less rented real estate, unlike the squatting we do on social. I found this post via a Google alert for blogging. Well done 🙂Ryan

Any chance you’ve read Sirlin’s Playing to Win book?He talks about how competitive playing will bring out the best in you if you remove bad mentality (such as that shouting contest you mentioned) and play with your best. While the book is fighting game centric, it has value on bringing something to a person’s mindset.http://www.sirlin.net/ptw/

Comment by Karina on Appearances and Diplomacy

“There’s no reason to antagonize people just because they agree with you. “I think you meant *don’t agree with you. Hehe. Tsaka marami kang sentences na walang period. Lel.

Some applications hash the passwords multiple times along with a unique salt to make brute-force attacks much harder. However this still won’t prevent it, especially since computing power seems to always be on the bad guys’ side.Another technique would be to store the salts and/or the number of hash iterations outside the DB where the passwords are stored. This way, even if the DB is compromised, hackers will still be lacking vital info to crack the passwords.

Comment by Jaime on Password Security for Dummies

The problem with #2 comes from required password formats (which ultimately give a framework for hackers to brute-force attack).Some (ancient) websites put a character limit on passwords, which make it difficult to get fancy. Some (modern) websites require that you put a number, punctuation, etc. and that there must be capital letters integrated into your system. If your original password does not have accommodations for these rules, you’re going to have to change algorithms.

Comment by joaquin on Password Security for Dummies

PasswdSafe is another password vault that you can use. It keeps a local db file of your passwords unlike other services that require you to store it in their server. It’s free to use so that’s another plus for me.What I do is sync the db file to my dropbox so I can access it anywhere.

Of course not all workplaces are ideal, but I think even in those situations being overly attached to your code can hinder and not help. The idea is not that you don’t defend your code but rather that you treat criticism with an open mind – that doesn’t mean you accept it if it’s BS though! 🙂

Comment by ExMicrosoftie on You Are Not Your Code

Of course this is the wise approach to this situation – but I’ve been in more than one workgroup where managers penalized you based on numbers of CR comments – without ever reading any of them, of course. Ideally we’d all improve over time and get less feedback and the system would work – and maybe outside of Redmond that’s what the culture supports – but when everyone reviewing your code is in direct competition with you for raises, people tend to ramp up the feedback to take their competitors/coworkers down.

Comment by Eric on You Are Not Your Code

This is very true. It also gets more difficult to write “correct”‘ code as you get older and gain more experience. The definition of “correct” is refined with experience and it becomes easy to get locked in analysis paralysis because you are much harder on yourself when reviewing your own code.There is something to just sitting down and making something work as a newbie. The fact that something works provides motivation to continue… So much so that this has become my new approach to mentoring junior developers.

Amazingly five years on – same problem! I’ve spent ages trying to reply to finally discover you can’t use brackets (as in brackets). This is ridiculous and as you say no clue as to what needs removed.

Comment by The guy on Scenes from a Quiz Night

the guy who answered for our team kept beating himself up http://i.imgur.com/aRA8EZA.gif

Comment by Another Citi customer on Dear Citibank, About Your New Website

It seems that they don’t want you to use apostrophes and double quotes. I tried sending them messages too and I experienced the same frustrating error message which would require you to login and enter OTP twice. I guess this may be related to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL_injection. The developers may have opted to disallow customers from using those characters, but yes, that is lame and there are other solutions to this.

Aya, you made me smile while reading this… it’s a good feeling remembering good old happy days. 🙂 Ice store Mejia… across was construction supply store hehe… . 🙂

Comment by your most loving brother on CJ Corona Impeached

I also hate that “Tu Quoque” argument. Walang sense eh.

Good post, Roy. Mostly agree, especially about the midnight appointment thingie.

Hi Radek, unfortunately I’m unable to find the original source code for this; I had previously been running a Django-backed blog but have since migrated it and the posts over to WordPress