- Somehow the years seem to fly by more quickly nowadays. They all seem to blend in together too, at least in my memory. When I was thinking of what to write for this post I thought that this was the year I had taken my break from working. That was actually last year. I don't think it's a sign that I'm growing old. Maybe more of a sign of the fact that I've settled in to some sort of routine that makes it difficult to tell the days or even years apart. Nothing significant changes, I guess. Except it does.
- Hi, About this new website design/whatever. I am glad that you know have 2-factor authentication to protect me from fraudulent online transactions, but please check the following problems ( I gave up trying to post this using your messaging system, see #3 below): Please fix or replace the horribly unusable custom combo box control you have. When using it to select a payee while making a payment, it's difficult and counterintuitive to scroll up and down the list (it seems I must hover my mouse over the up and down arrows on the scrollbar). If you're going to replace the
- So Metro Manila is at the peril of heavy rains, flooding and traffic again (as often happens this time of the year) and I thought I'd do some actual blogging for a change. I didn't want to brave the rush hour traffic last night so I finally got around to watching X-Men First Class (luckily it was still showing at Mega). I had actually seen Green Lantern first despite X1C showing two weeks before the DC movie. It's a good time to be a comic book fan with all these comic book movies coming out; I saw Thor a couple
- Haven't done a tournament report in a while. Heck, I haven't really played tournament Magic in a while, not seriously at least. For that reason it may have been a bad idea to run with a deck that requires a lot of matchup knowledge to play. The tournament was Grand Prix Singapore 2011, the format was standard and my weapon of choice was Caw Blade: Lands 4 Island 3 Plains 4 Celestial Colonnade 4 Glacial Fortress 1 Inkmoth Nexus 1 Marsh Flats 1 Scalding Tarn 4 Seachrome Coast 4 Tectonic Edge Creatures 4 Stoneforge Mystic 4 Squadron Hawk 2 Mirran
- I was in Singapore from June 2 -- June 6, mostly to visit friends who are getting married and compete in the MTG Grand Prix held there last weekend. I like bullet points, so here's a summary of my trip: Props: public transportation. One thing Singapore and Hong Kong have in common: well-defined, convenient and tourist-friendly public transportation systems, namely trains and buses. It makes our local buses and trains here pale by comparison. The trains are well-maintained and more or less go everywhere including to and from the airport (there's really no need to take an airport taxi unless
- ... but I feel like this country has spent far too much energy pleading and praying for and glorifying and sensationalizing three drug mules when we should be trying to figure out how they got past our airport security and immigration officers in the first place.