- (02:25:57 PHT) Roy: do you really think I would be emo? :p (02:27:14 PHT) Coworker: "... i looked at the screen... it did not look back at me... why? why? why must it be this f* way.." (02:28:08 PHT) Coworker: "... i pressed ctrl+b... the words did not become bold as i expected... instead, my data was lost when i save done... (sadness, grief... . despair)" (02:28:16 PHT) Roy: hahaha (02:28:22 PHT) Roy: feeling ko ikaw ung ganyan :p (02:28:33 PHT) Roy: try mo ganyan magwrite ng bug report (02:28:42 PHT) Coworker: haha no way... just guessing anung pag-e-emo han
- The tournament was last Saturday, March 15, Standard. Slightly modified list from last week: Lands 6 Islands 5 Plains 4 Adarkar Waster 4 Nimbus Maze 4 Desert Creatures 4 Mulldrifter 4 Reveillark 3 Mirror Entity 2 Bonded Fetch 3 Body Double 2 Riftwing Cloudskate 2 Venser, Shaper Savant 3 Aven Riftwatcher Spells 3 Prismatic Lens 2 Mind Stone 4 Wrath of God 3 Momentary Blink 2 Condemn Sideboard 2 Windborn Muse 2 Crovax, Ascendant Hero 2 Condemn 2 Stonecloaker 2 Sower of Temptation 2 Draining Whelk 2 Teferi's Moat 1 Magus of the Moat Just a quick summary this time:
- I'm blogging from an airport; I feel like such a seasoned traveler. Actually I'm writing this post just so that I can claim to post on the internet from airports. I am of course flying back to Manila after a short 3-day visit to Hong Kong. People always ask me where I plan to go while in HK, even though I always come here to work. It's even worse this time, as I flew in Sunday evening, attending a three-day seminar until Wednesday, working during the evenings then flying back Thursday morning. Not much time to do anything really.
- Seriously. Having to hit an extra key just to use "Home" or "End"? For some reason, PrintScreen and CapsLock keys are higher priority than Home and End, meaning you don't need to use "Fn" to access them. Do people not use Ctrl+Shift+Home and Ctrl+Shift+End all the time? I'm sure a lot of developers do. Whenever I'm on this laptop and need to use Home or End, I mentally pronounce "Fn" as a seven-letter word starting with "F" and ending with "ing". I like laptops, but keyboards need to improve in some way. My suggestion? Remove the trackpad and have an
- The tournament format is Morningtide standard, 09 March at NG Galleria. My decklist, pirated from Benjamin Peebles-Mundy, with slight modifications: Lands 6 Islands 5 Plains 4 Adarkar Waster 4 Nimbus Maze 4 Desert Creatures 4 Mulldrifter 4 Reveillark 3 Mirror Entity 3 Bonded Fetch 3 Body Double 3 Riftwing Cloudskate 2 Venser, Shaper Savant Spells 3 Prismatic Lens 2 Mind Stone 4 Wrath of God 3 Momentary Blink 3 Condemn Sideboard 3 Windborn Muse 3 Aven Riftwatcher 2 Stonecloaker 2 Sower of Temptation 2 Draining Whelk 2 Teferi's Moat 1 Magus of the Moat Tournament report follows. Round 1: 1-2
- On my way home today I passed by Megamall as usual, and there was a Scrabble tournament going on. I stopped for a few minutes and watched. I realize a lot of people would probably find watching Scrabble games boring, seeing only two geeky people spelling out words at random, not even making any sense. But watching the Scrabble games brought me back to a time when I didn't have the internet to keep me up at nights. Scrabble is a game close to my heart, me and my brother Kerwin practically grew up with the game.
- Never give out any of your confidential usernames and passwords to programs or services that you do not trust completely. This may be a bit obvious to the more tech-savvy, but everybody has to watch out. Luckily, there are even some programmers who are able to catch the work of evil programmers. Coding Horror has this story about an evil programmer who sold a GMail backup solution that steals your username and password. The offending account was reported to Google, but I hope someone brings legal measures against the company who made and/or distributed the evil software.
- Must Watch: I Am Legend's Original Ending -- This is Amazing « FirstShowing.net (tags: movies )