- So much for my nefarious plan to take it easy until I can get a Christmas break. I leave on the first available flight Thursday, and they plan to keep me there for around three weeks.
- What a long, arduous journey it has been for Roland of Gilead, last gunslinger, in his inexorable quest for the Dark Tower. And now that I've read the final volume of Stephen King's magnum opus, I find out that it is an even crueler fate that awaits him at the end of the seven books. I dare not spoil it, though Wikipedia has a nice summary, say thankya. Save to say that Stephen King seems to be correct -- the ending of the Dark Tower series does seem to be the "correct" one, despite some disappointments in writing. All in
- Yeah pretty much. I feel really stupid right now. Gar!!!
- Same deck as last week. Round 1: 2-0 vs WUb Sliver-Mill. I asked him afterwards why he didn't show me any Traumatize, he said it was only in the board. Round 2: 2-0 vs Solar Flare Game one he only gets four lands, he manages to animate a Skeletal Vampire, but Glare taps the blockers and pushes the kill. Game two he gets nothing but ten lands and a Remand. Round 3: 2-1 vs UW Draw-Go Game one I push hard and fast, bringhing him down in eight swings. Game two he gets the controllish upper hand and ends the
- I predict that eventually, "don't", "won't", "can't" and the like will eventually become their own words, dropping that weird apostrophe they have. A few decades after this happens, some people will wonder what "wan't" used to stand for.
- Fear the elephants! These are the elephant tokens I used for the Glare deck in constructed tournaments. (Click to view full-size) Fear the elephants! These are the elephant tokens I used for the Glare deck in constructed tournaments. Nov. 4, 2006, 3:48 p.m. View post Close Check out the awesome Elephant tokens I used in the tourney earlier today. I swear, I won every game where I managed to get one of these out. Two on the right were drawn by me. The one on the left by Dens.
- This tournament and three others for each Saturday of November are run-ups to the Time Spiral Gold Rush tournament in December. I've been agonizing over the past couple of weeks as to what I can play in the diverse new standard enivornment. In the end, instead of doing my usual thing and building an original decklist, I decided to work from an existing archetype instead. I believe that in order for me to become a better Standard player, I have to get more match experience before designing decks, since my thinking is still on a casual level most of the
- As far as I can tell, I only hit 21 posts in October. Well, that's not too bad. This month: NaNoWriMo!