- I have to work today :( And probably tomorrow and the day after as well, although both are local holidays. On what may very well become one of the company's biggest projects I might add, if we get the contract. On an unrelated note, these filler Naruto episodes are just silly. It doesn't make sense that Raiga, one of the Seven Shinobi Swordsmen, can be defeated by Naruto and Lee (no matter how drunk Lee is); Raiga is supposedly on par with his former comrade Kisame, who was easily able to take on two of Konoha's jounins. There should be
- Voting for the Walk of Game is up. My votes were: Starcraft, Civilization, Final Fantasy and Street Fighter II. Also Sid Meier and the Pac-man guy. Edit: After some thought, it's kind of silly to have a poll where you could vote everyday. There's no chance for Pac-man to beat Final Fantasy here, as FF has an army of fanboys willing to vote everyday, and Pac-man... well, a lot of his fans might vote once buy many won't even realize or care that they can vote again.
- Here Update: Sold for the low, low price of P1500!
- A post I made today had a 23-Oct timestamp. After some investigation, I determined it was because I had left the create post screen open in a firefox tab last 23-Oct, then closed my browser. On my next launch of firefox, the SessionSaver extension automatically reloaded my previous session, but the create post screen still had the 23-Oct date. I had to manually change the date. Note to self: Refresh the create post screen always.
- I'm never really sure. I woke up this morning with a slight headache, compounding my annoying cough and colds. I'm sure I would have been able to make it to work and put on a whole day's work, albeit probably at a less productive level. But then again, if I rest today, I may be able to put in a 110% productive day tomorrow, whereas not resting might cause me to be unproductive for more than one day.
- After seemingly being the last man in the Philippines without a cellphone for so long, I broke down and bought one a couple of weeks ago. I'd post a picture, but I can't find the digicam, and the phone can't take a picture of itself. The 6020 itself seems pretty okay, although as a phone newbie I really have not much of a basis for comparison. The camera is nifty, but it took me a while to find a data cable for the phone. And now I can annoy people by SMS! (Not that I do, just that I can.)
- It nevers fails, every week, around 1-2pm on a Sunday. For some unexplainable reason, an overpowering drowsiness steps in, and I must sacrifice 2-3 hours of my time to sleep. it's not a normal sleep either, it's the kind of sleepm that's very hard to break. You wake up it's 4pm, and think "There's some stuff I have to do," but by 5pm you're still happily sleeping. Only happens when I'm at home though (which is most Sundays), and not just to me. Every member of the household seems to take a siesta on Sundays.
- In my line of work, which is to say "large-scale database systems", there's always the idea of "journalling" or the "audit trail." Basically, it means that for every transaction of significance, a record is kept of that transaction, stored in a log somewhere, so that should something malefic happen, the logs can be parsed and the trail can be followed, blame can be assigned and countermeasures can be taken. Okay, that's not really limited to large-scale database systems. Any nontrivial software system should have some sort of journalling scheme involved, as printlogging is usually part and parcel of the development