- As you may have heard, Google Talk is up. The client looks neat and all, but there's not much reason for most people to start using it. Sure, the voice chat thing is neat, but I know that Yahoo Messenger supports it, and probably some of the others do? Otherwise, the client seems awfully thin. Simple, like Google, but it needs to be a lot more than that to make a difference. Interesting thing about the service itself is, it's actually seems to be just a server running the open source jabber protocol. Since it's jabber, you can have more
- I'm thinking of getting some webhosting. Not that I'm unsatisfied with my free webhosting and Blogger mind you, but sometimes I just get the urge to do some server-side chicanery. Mandatory: PHP/mySQL Good service, tech support, fast response time No-hassle payments (which means I prefer local, I don't want to have to pay through credit cards or anything) Of course, a good deal on space, bandwidth, reliability, etc. Optional: Tomcat/JSP Not ploghost though. :(
- I've known of Markku Seguerra's rebelpixel website for a while, having enjoyed his constant stream of OPM-friendly lyrics section. Today, I came upon his blog post about his band with some Pisay 96 batchmates. Their band is Pop Ratio, and he's made available some original tracks and also some covers on his website. They're pretty okay, you might want to listen to a few. I know some of my own batchmates are active in bands, I wonder if I can get any (free) samples of their music?
- My brother estimates we have at least a hundred pirated copies of PS2 games. (Please don't lecture me in any way on piracy, I've said my piece before.) In any case, we have spent at least ten thousand pesos (roughly two hundred american) on pirated PS2 games. And out of those hundred copies, some games we have two or three copies of (due to the problems generally associated with illegal copies); Out of all those pirated games, I'd make a conservative estimate that at least 20 games were actually playably good. We got good playing time out of them, and
- Yeah, so there. It was an impromptu hiatus anyway. Unplanned and whatever. Work has been hell lately. Not a tedious kind of hell though. Just the sort that sucks up a lot of time. I spent more than 15 hours in the office on my birthday. Twenty-seven huh? I wish I had more to say, but birthdays seem to matter less and less as I get older. I'm in a good place right now, but I'm still not where I ultimately want to be. I have a long road ahead of me. Maybe someday I'll get around to it.