- Found this on kuro5hin: it's a fairly well-written science fiction piece. Link
- Some of them are hard.
- RP troop pullout not cowardice, at least not according to Malacanang. The whole world knows by now that the Philippine government has capitulated (or intends to, at least) to the demands of terrorists kidnappers holding Filipino truck driver Angelo dela Cruz hostage. Even Jay Leno took his shots at our country, with the following quote from opening monologue of Wednesday night, July 14, 2004: For the 2nd time in the past few days, a new world record has been set in the 100 meter dash. It was set by Filipino troops fleeing Iraq. Even more embarassing, I would think, was
- Arguably the greatest PC RPG of all time, Fallout is now in the (hopefully) capable hands of Bethesda Softworks (Elder Scrolls, Daggerfall, Morrowind). Are you excited? Link
- I'm not particularly fond of internet quizzes that attempt to plunk you down into a category -- but sometimes they're damn accurate. Take this one for example. My results are: You are an SEDF--Sober Emotional Destructive Follower. This makes you an evil genius. You are extremely focused and difficult to distract from your tasks. With luck, you have learned to channel your energies into improving your intellect, rather than destroying the weak and unsuspecting. Your friends may find you remote and a hard nut to crack. Few of your peers know you very well--even those you have known a long
- I suppose everyone and their mother has had a chance to voice their opinions on Spiderman 2 by now, so here's mine: Some parts are hokey, some parts are cheesy, some parts are gratuitous Hollywood crap, it has quite a few inconsistencies and plot holes but overall, it's a hell of a ride, and I found it considerably more ‘fun' than the first one. That being said, I'm not entirely excited about the Goblin making an obvious comeback in Spiderman 3, but the only other Spidey nemesis worthy of being in a movie would be Venom... and bringing alien symbiotes
- Maniac Mansion Deluxe is a 256-color remake of the original Maniac Mansion, done by a group calling themselves LucasFan Games. I'm not sure how legal this is, but hey, it's Maniac Mansion! Any adventure gamer worth his salt knows about the Mansion and Dave's efforts to save his girlfriend Sandy from Dr. Fred and the evil meteor. The great thing about Maniac Mansion (or not so great, maybe), is that unlike later adventure games, your kids can die, you can accidentally blow up the mansion and you can get work yourself into an unsolvable situation. I don't know whether Maniac
- ... I mean, take that dream I had a couple of nights ago; after going to work I was wondering whether I should tell that particular person "Hey, I dreamt you were a bag of chips." What sort of psychological message could thinking a person was a bag of chips possibly have?