- I got it same time as FFX-2. However, I can't get it to run... when I choose "Game" from the launcher, I just get the little spinning disc cursor for a while, then nothing. I've tried most of the stuff found in the accompanying troubleshooting doc, and I've sent Lucasarts a plea for help, but no response so far. Any help? Actually I had the same problem with Neverwinter Nights when I first got it, and I was able to work that out by downloading the most recent patch. I'm guessing I'll need to wait for a KOTOR patch before
- I"m about two or three hours into it. I like it. But then again, I like anything with a job system and learnable abilities. I find myself excited at the prospect of learning abilities with weird names such as "Cheap Shot", "Initiative", "Flametongue" and "Silent Samba"! The game itself has a very "happy" feel... the battles are fast-paced and the general mood is upbeat. If you came in looking for a Final Fantasy game, you're gonna be disappointed. The Final Fantasy victory music isn't even there; Yuna jumps across chasms and climbs up ledges at the touch of a button.
- Since I got Windows XP a little less than a year ago, I've tried looking around for cheap (read: free) ways to customize the interface. I did eventually find some solutions, but after trying a nice chrome theme for a while, I eventually went back to the default XP look. Why? I realize now, I like the Luna interface. It's neat. It's one of the best things to come out of Microsoft in eight years.
- I'm alive, I think. Last Saturday, I helped an old man cross a very dangerous street! This may seem a weird thing to report, but it felt unusual enough to be helping a complete stranger. I'm not saying I don't normally help complete strangers, but I rarely see people helping old people cross the street! I'm thinking of getting a domain name and paid webhosting... there's this host that's cheap and local... . The main reason is I want to learn a web-based scripting language, maybe PHP. This is actually a no-brainer, as it's the cheapest of the things I'm
- So I saw Matrix: Revolutions last Friday. Nice movie, entertaining to watch, but it's not as deep as you'd expect, and the Matrix trilogy really ends not with a bang but with a whisper. I like this review, it analyzes things very well. I feel like quitting Warcraft III for a while — maybe a couple of weeks. I'm not really getting any better at it, and I'm a bit bored with it now. Maybe the patch will help things. Or maybe I'm just being moddy again. I really want to play more games, but there's never enought ime. Square
- W3chart -- seems to be a Warcraft 3 utility of sorts. I hear it can measure your APM, if you like that sort of thing. I'm still downloading it, so haven't tried it yet.
- Things are flaky. Have setup this blogger thing to publish to the fateback account (roytang.sinfree.net), seems to be working fine now. Ressurrected one of the older page layouts and added the pandaren brewmaster! Anyway, I'll also probably most of the website stuff from topcities to fateback, seeing as how topcities has gotten crappy lately with the FTP problem. That is all, back to work...
- Whee... holiday. For those not from the Philippines, All Saints Day and All Souls Day are non-working holidays for us, and the roads are generally jammed anywhere near cemeteries as Filipinos flock to the graveyards to remember their deceased loved ones. Sadly, since my folks are out of town, and I have no idea how to get to the resting place of my grandparents without them, all I can do is say a prayer for them right here. *says a silent prayer* Anyway, I bought Temple of Elemental Evil today. I hear it's quite buggy though — I'll wait for