- I stood there wordlessly, inching my way through the unending mass of people. There must have been several hundred people crammed into less than two hundred square meters of mall area, interspersed with some twenty cubicles filled with various displays and banners. What madness is this you ask? What product could be so enticing that hundreds of otherwise sane people to participate in such a gathering, jostling for space and risking being elbowed, stepped on or maybe even pick pocketed? The answer was employment. That most important symptom of security that people crave especially in tough times such as these.
- Hey, we have cable again! Okay, so we never actually _lost_ cable, but it felt like we had, back when the Star network withdrew its channels from Home Cable around six months ago. Now they're back, which means I once again get to watch Simpsons, Futurama and Whose Line Is It Anyway? =) In other news, I'm still unemployed and cashless. =(
- So the ECE board exams are now over. Six months (okay three) of hard work and preparation (well alright, occasionally glancing at my books) and what do we get? A bunch of questions chosen seemingly at random. The Math and Electronics parts were good enough actually, and I felt pretty confident there. The second day was bad. The Communications exam might as well have been a random set of questions about cookie dough and displacer beasts. Me, Marc and Dennis went through at least a hundred questions in various topics an hour and a half before the exam but not
- Four days before board exam. Will borrow calculator from Switch. Holiday on Monday. Edsamail is no longer free. That sucks, and now I have a new e-mail account: roytang (at) softhome (dot) net. Looks like The Gaming Intelligence Agency is really dead.
- April Fools day today. The Gaming Intelligence Agency says they're shutting down, but it's likely one of their famous AFD pranks. Board exams coming up next week, Tuesday and Wednesday. I need to borrow a calculator — the one I have isn't on their list. I really should study more but for some reason I'm really confident. promises to study more So I applied for a job at ASTI. Sure it's a government place, but I know a lot of guys there and it looks like fun. Interviewed last week, hope they call back. And so another Holy Week went