It's April! It has been a week. Donald Trump makes history (again) as the first former US president to be indicted. Elon open sources the Twitter "algorithm", promptly discovers there is an
is_elon flag in there.
I came back from four days in Singapore.
Had to deal with some webmention spam.
The rest of my week was spent catching up with errands and backlogs piled up over the four days I was gone, and trying to get back into my daily rhythms. Those rhythms are easily disrupted! Errands included bank stuff, buying meds, and various end-of-month responsibilities.
Trivia team attended a quiz night last Thursday and CRUSHED IT!
- Single player: I finished Return to Monkey Island this past weekend! Still considering whether I will attempt completion before writing a review post, some of these achievements look quite tedious. I think I'm also close to finishing the Witcher 3 main quest (about to head off to the Isle of Mists), after which I can play the DLCs that I haven't actually played yet.
- Online: Magic Arena and Eternal daily grinding continuing, not much of note. Well, I did finish Arena in Mythic this month after a long drought. I also got to my highest rank ever in Marvel Snap, thanks to playing it a lot during the trip. Still not infinite though.
Reading: Still mostly just comics. Should start digging into an actual book again soon.
Watching: Not a lot. Still working my way through S9 of The Blacklist. There are so many new series / seasons I want to watch though. (Last of Us, Picard, Mandalorian, etc etc)
This past week (Sunday thru Saturday), Fitbit says I walked a total of 70,402 steps and burned 27,827 calories. These are the highest weekly totals for the year so far, but both numbers are probably inaccurate. There was a stretch of walking around 2.5k steps where I didn't realize until too late that I wasn't wearing my Fitbit, so the step count is probably a bit higher. And for some reason, the calorie count actually increased during that period for some unknown reason, so the calories total is suspiciously high!
I used to be in "beat last week's totals" mode, but now that I'm past 70k steps per week I'm in more of a "just maintain this level of walking" mode.
Some Links of Interest
you need to be precious with your time because you can’t make anything great in thirty minute increments. And no-one will do this work for you.
The State of Neocities: This saddens me, but it makes a lot of sobering thoughts about yearning for the good old days of the web and why running your own website may never reach mass appeal.
Check out the linkblog for more links!
This coming week
Yesterday was Palm Sunday, which means of course the traditional Holy Week observances for the country are happening this week. Frankly I could use a chill week.
- You can buy me a coffee!
- Click here to post a comment!
- You can share or reply to this post on Twitter.
- You can share or reply to this post on Mastodon.
- You can write a reply on your own site and submit the URL as a webmention via the form below.
- Or you can just contact me!