The week has been a bit busy, and I don't have a lot of time today, so these weeknotes will be a bit short.
The year nears it's midpoint, and it seems like the world continues to regress.
A couple of the days ago, as prophesized by an earlier leak, the US Supreme Court struck down the 50-year old Roe vs Wade precedent, clearing the way for multiple states to almost immediately ban abortions. I am neither an American nor a woman, so I do not feel I have the standing to weigh in. In fact, as someone who grew up as and is still a practicing Catholic, in theory I do not approve of abortions. But that doesn't mean I should get to impose my beliefs on those who share them, especially when their health and well-being are on the line. This feels like it should be common sense.
Covid19 cases are on the rise in the country, most of them centered around the NCR. Positivity rates are holding barely below the 5% threshold. Luckily, hospital utilization rates are staying low, so it generally looks like a "mild" surge. Hopefully everyone stays masked up and more people get vaccinated and boosted to keep things under control.
Links of Interest
Managed to sneak some stray links out of the link factory today:
Is Every Game of Slay the Spire Winnable? – Forgotten Arbiter's Blog: I enjoy these types of deep cut analyses of video games. I haven't even done Ascension runs yet in StS!
I’ve locked myself out of my digital life – Terence Eden’s Blog: An essay about how a freak accident could lock you out of your digital life. Don't worry, his house wasn't really burned down by a freak lightning strike
Is Web3 culture similar to Amway culture? - by Noah Smith: A long read on the parallels between MLMs (Amway in particular) and web3 culture
Visit the Links page for more links of interest.
- More errands this week, some of the medical nature (both for myself and for family members), and some prep for an upcoming trip to the province.
- I wrote a bit about Lab Tests, basically an example of my recent errands over the past few weeks.
- Gaming: Triangle Strategy NG+ run is about 75% done. I finished Bloodstained! Regular Eternal and Arena daily grinding continues.
- This series had some problems, and one might question whether this was even a story that needed to be told, but they pretty much stuck the landing. That final confrontation between Ben and Anakin was something special.
Ongoing TV Status
- Caught up: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, The Orville season 3, Superman and Lois, Ms Marvel
- Behind: The Flash season 8, The Boys season 3
This coming week:
- It's going to be July!
- Should be one final batch of family errands this coming week, then the week after I will be out of town on a trip.
- This Thursday, I may attend my first in-person quiz night since the pandemic began. ("May" because I'm still monitoring the local Covid situation closely.)