In the river I have seen you
Through love age and misery
In the river I will find you
for you will always be you
and i will always be me
- Gwyn Davies, Legends of Tomorrow S07E12
- PH/Politics: The elections have come and gone and like it not, we must live with the results. I have written some post-election thoughts here.
- PH/sports: Some good news though: Last Friday the UP Maroons defeated ADMU in the final game of the UAAP basketball season, ending a 36-year drought. The Maroons last won the championship after the dictatorship fell. I'm not big on sports, but even I found myself closely following the last quarter and overtime. It was a close fight and a well-fought game and season.
Links of Interest
How to Disable Ad ID Tracking on iOS and Android, and Why You Should Do It Now | EFF: My Android didn't have the "delete advertising ID" option, but had an "Opt out of ads personalization" toggle.
Not a lot today. Hopefully I can catch up on my reading backlog soon.
Visit the Links page for more links of interest.
It has been a difficult week, filled with a lot of dismay about where our country is going. Very many busy group chats. It felt like I was going through the motions most days.
I promised I would finally get a haircut after the elections. This debt was claimed the day after.
Ate out at a KFC this week. I haven't been to one in a while. They had these cheesy bacon variants available, so I ordered a cheesy bacon zinger. While eating, I remembered that zingers are spicy and had to ask for additional water.
(Click photos to view full-size)
The week before the elections, I found a weird bump on the back of my neck and was worried it might be a tumor of some sort. I asked a Doctor friend I met up with to take a look and she said it might be a sebaceous cyst and that I should see a surgeon. Before I got a chance, this past weekend it "popped" and it turned out to be a "pigsa" (boil), so we just ended up draining it every morning and now it's gotten a lot smaller and is a lot less painful. I guess I'm not dying yet.
On the bright side, with the new bodily problem to worry about, I found myself not noticing that my ankle seems to have fully recovered. Am back to taking more regular walks, something I can hopefully ramp up some more in the coming weeks.
- I finally completed Tales of Vesperia (Steam) last Thursday!! Blog post/review sometime this week probably.
- Eternal: New set dropped this week, but I haven't seen too many new decks in ranked yet.
- Magic Arena: Continued drafting Streets of New Capenna this week. You can follow along via the MTGSNC tag. I also did two runs at this weekend's Limited Open but sadly did not make day 2. Someday!
- Street Fighter V: Managed to hit Super Silver this past week!
- I still have not started a new single-player game yet!
Watched a couple of movies this week, mostly as a way of coping.
John Wick 3: Parabellum (2019)
- I kind of just wanted a low-thinking movie after the election results came out, and this was just the ticket. It is indeed a very John Wick movie. Action-packed from start to finish. Halle Berry had a smaller role than I thought she would have. I was however disappointed that John Wick actually lost at the end; I would have loved a happy ending after all the IRL disappointments.
Swiss Army Man (2016)
- Wasn't sure what to expect going into this one. I watched this mostly because I couldn't yet watch the Daniels' latest film Everything, Everywhere All At Once, and I heard their first film (this one) was good too. This was a beautifully absurd exploration of life and loneliness with perhaps way too much flatulence. It's best to go into this not knowing much at all.
I also started catching up on Legends of Tomorrow, since they're already cancelled. I have one more episode remaining!
- Ongoing TV Status:
- Caught up: NCIS
- Behind: Legends of Tomorrow, The Simpsons, Superman and Lois, The Flash season 8, Young Justice
- Yet to start: Cobra Kai season 4,
This coming week:
- I have a thing next weekend, so the next weeknotes will probably be a bit late.