"We all change, when you think about it, we're all different people all our lives and that's okay, we've got to keep moving, so long as you remember all the people you used to be." - the Eleventh Doctor
- Putin's invasion of Ukraine is now in its 4th week.
- PH: The first comelec-sponsored presidential debates were last night, with one notable absence. I didn't feel the need to watch the debates this year (unlike in 2016 where I posted live commentary). I feel like the choices are much more clear-cut for this election and watching them would be a waste of time for me personally. It's good for the undecideds though.
- PH/Covid: Cases remain low, but we no longer have daily case updates from the DOH.
- PH/Politics: I spent a good chunk of the evening watching the livestream of the Leni-Kiko rally in Pasig. Reportedly more than 100,000 people flooded the streets of Ortigas. I wish I could have been there. The energy of the people in the rally is enough to give me a bit of hope for the future.
Links of Interest
- Elizabeth Ayer tells us that instead of asking for forgiveness, we can radiate intent
- Interview with Matt Mullenweg. Covers Wordpress, Tumblr, the open web, web3/NFTs, and keeping the internet weird
- Wordle, 15 Million Tweets Later by Robert Lesser: Statistical analysis of publicly available Wordle play data
- Bizarro World: the story of a man who accidentally found out his wife was a world-class Tetris player. It wasn't a secret or anything, she was just a casual and they randomly found out that she was good enough to beat the world record. Article is from 2007.
Not a lot today. Visit the Links page for more links of interest.
- The first half of this week felt productive and with a decent sleep cycle. Then things broke around Thursday, when we had to go out early Thursday for a medical errand. I've been feeling tired since then.
- The weather has also been weird, with scorching afternoons punctuated by occasional rains, leading to increased humidity.
- Since I always want backups of all my data, I requested an export of my data from Amazon a couple of weeks ago and the results came back this week, and it came in more than a hundred itty-bitty pieces.
- Tales of Vesperia (Steam): Second run still ongoing, currently at the start of Act III.
- Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair: I was stuck at like 68% of the Impossible Lair for the longest time, but I sat down earlier today and managed to power through it, game is done! Will write a review this week, probably. Now I can move on and start another game!
- Ongoing Card games:
- Neon Dynasty limited on Magic Arena is more or less done. I published a Limited Recap blog post for the set. I also mean to work backwards to compile the stats for previous set seasons, so I started with the Crimson Vow limited recap.
- Eternal grinding continues. There is an Expedition Open this coming weekend, I am very much not ready but I will give it a shot anyway!
- Ongoing Fighting games: Haven't found a lot of time for Street Fighter V, but this week Capcom announced a final "definitive" balance patch at the end of the month, so that's something to look forward to.
- Saturday gaming group finally managed to get coop working in Gloomhaven. We had gotten the game when it first came out late last year but our multiplayer coop sessions were riddled with desyncs, bugs, and crashes, so we decided to wait out a few patches before trying it again.
- Movies: This week I managed to watch Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011) and The Adam Project (2022). Reviews to follow.
- Caught up: Star Trek Picard season 2, NCIS
- Behind: Legends of Tomorrow, Young Justice, Superman and Lois
- Finished the season: Star Trek Discovery (I'll also write some words about this at some point)
- Yet to start: Cobra Kai season 4
- Reading: Finished reading The Last Continent by Terry Pratchett. I was in the mood for more Discworld afterwards so I also started Wyrd Sisters, which I think I haven't read before, but it feels a bit familiar so I can't be sure until I'm a decent part of the way through.
- Trivia: Still doing our regular Discord crossword sessions, sometimes we record and upload to the YouTube playlist. (some Filipino slips in here and there, but most of it should be in English.) Feel free to like, subscribe and all that jazz.
- Aside from the media posts, I also managed to write a few words about Context Collapse and Names.
This coming week:
- Eternal Expedition Open next weekend
(Click photos to view full-size)