Something I've gotten used to as the New Year rolls in: make a checklist of things to do and things I'm looking forward to for the new year. This one is coming in a bit late due to some business. This is my personal list, but maybe you'll enjoy going through it too. I generally copy stuff over, but the list changes a bit every year. Check out the [new-years-checklist tag] for previous years.
The list, in no particular order:
- Take stock and reflect on the past year
- Count your blessings for the past year and be grateful
- Greet your loved ones and friends and anyone else you hold dear. Maybe even those you disagree with. End some longstanding grudges even
- Think about what you'd like to learn this year or how you want to improve
- Change your passwords
- Buy a new toothbrush
- Set a target of how many books to read in 2022
- Choose the first book to read
- Throw away a few things you no longer need
- Check out what movies are coming out this year and which ones you want to watch (see below)
- Audit your financials -- where is your money going, how much do you owe, how much are you earning, where should you invest, etc
- Pick up your keyboard and shake out all the grime that's gathered there over the past year
- Make a list of projects you want to do in 2022
- Choose something from the past year that you're going to stop watching or doing
- Eat your favorite food. Or ice cream. Ice cream is great
- Get rid of 2021 calendars
- Make a list for the new year!
- Clean up the photos on your phone, tablet and computer
- Delete all files downloaded 2019 or earlier
- Follow up on the people who owe you money or things
- Review your recurring luxury costs (Netflix, etc) and evaluate whether you still really need them
- Export your Google, FB, Instagram and Twitter data
- Wash your hands, keep your distance, avoid going out or meeting people unless absolutely necessary. We are still in a pandemic!
- Speak truth to power.
- Be kind.
- Relax, give yourself room to breathe and grow.
- Figure out how to help people make better choices in this year's elections.
- Maybe try to win an Arena Open?
Some stuff I'm looking forward to in 2022.
We are still in a pandemic, so who knows if these release dates hold! For movies, it doesn't even seem likely I'll be able to see them in theaters! I try to keep this list updated throughout the year as release dates get shuffled around.
(I freely admit this part is the more important one for me - it's basically a preview of the upcoming year in entertainment for me!)
|Jan 12||Eternals (streaming release)|
|TBA||Spider-Man No Way Home (streaming release)|
|Feb 11||Death on the Nile (Poirot)|
|Mar 04||The Batman|
|Mar 25||Everything Everywhere All at Once|
|Apr 22||The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent|
|May 06||Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness|
|Jun 10||Jurassic World Dominion||Wait, I don't think I even saw the last one lol|
|Jul 08||Thor Love and Thunder|
|Jul 29||Black Adam|
|Sep 30||Mission Impossible 7|
|Oct 07||Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One)|
|Nov 04||The Flash|
|Nov 11||Black Panther: Wakanda Forever|
|Dec 16||Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom|
|Dec 16||"Avatar 2"|
|Dec||Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special|
(5 of these were on last year's list!)
The only day-of-release retail purchase I'm looking forward to is the as-yet untitled Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel presumed to come out in Holiday 2022.
Other than that, I hope to at least play/finish the following games this year:
- Tales of Vesperia (Steam)
- Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch) (got a copy for Christmas!)
- Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
|TBA||The Boys S3|
So many TBAs! Also honestly probably forgetting a lot of TV series that also have new seasons coming out this year.