"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us." - Cooper, Interstellar
- Metro Manila still at alert level 2; it looks the daily new cases are starting to plateau, but at least the numbers aren't going up right? The important thing is that stupid face shields are no longer required.
- After threatening to run as Vice-President against his own daughter, the president instead filed his candidacy for senator. I thought maybe they had come to some peace about his daughter running with Marcos Jr., but then he promptly hit Marcos with a blind item about being a cocaine user. It's nice that the bad guys are fighting, but lets' not forget to promote the better candidates. Especially those who aren't kowtowing to China, who this week decided to hose PH resupply boats in our own territory.
- USA: Kyle Rittenhouse acquitted on all charges. Something something gun control racism America!
Links of interest:
- Ethan Marcotte talks about how you can let your website be a worry stone.
- Dan Luu says People matter, about how corporations treating people as fungible is a mistake.
- Ivaylo Durmonski tells us about how curiosity is better than being smart.
- From Twitter: Fun review of Shang-Chi's bus scene, from an actual bus operator.
Visit the Links page for more links of interest.
- It has certainly been a week.
- Wrote some words about this site's custom blogging system. It's my own worry stone!
- Still sketching daily, although recently I've been doing them every 2-3 days instead of daily. Here's a sketch of a person I did from reference, but no one can guess who he's supposed to be, so I still have a ways to go in capturing likenesses of real people:
- Still trying to power through Tales of Symphonia and Great Ace Attorney, the former more than the latter. Still hoping to finish both games before the end of the year!
- Fighting games still ongoing: Guilty Gear Strive and Street Fighter V.
- Running a new expedition deck on Eternal. Was tempted to try my hand at the Draft Open this weekend, but given I haven't drafted since 2018, it didn't seem like a good idea!
- Started streaming Crimson Vow drafts on Magic Arena! Managed my first 7-x early even! You can follow along via the MTGCrimson tag or via the Youtube playlist.
- Reading: Started reading Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari.
This coming week:
- Hawkeye series should debut on Disney+ this week!
- Also, there's probably going to be a Steam sale? For thanksgiving, even though we're not Americans here. Not sure if I'd be getting anything though.