Happy New Year! Something I've gotten used to as the New Year rolls in: make a checklist of things to do for the new year. I generally copy stuff over, but the list changes a bit every year.
In no particular order:
- Ponder why people give so much significance to the transition between an arbitrarily-chosen pair of 24 hour periods
- Take stock and reflect on the past year
- Count your blessings for the past year and be grateful
- Greet your loved ones and friends and anyone else you hold dear. Maybe even those you disagree with
- Think about what you'd like to learn this year or how you want to improve
- Change your passwords
- Buy a new toothbrush
- Set a target of how many books you'll read in 2021
- Choose the first book to read
- Throw away a few things you no longer need
- Check out what movies are coming out this year and which ones you want to watch (see below)
- Audit your financials -- where is your money going, how much do you owe, how much are you earning, where should you invest, etc
- Pick up your keyboard and shake out all the grime that's gathered there over the past year
- Make a list of projects you want to do in 2021
- Choose something from the past year that you're going to stop watching or doing
- Eat your favorite food. Or ice cream. Ice cream is great.
- Get rid of 2020 calendars
- Make a list for the new year!
- Clean up the photos on your phone, tablet and computer
- Delete all files downloaded 2018 or earlier
- Follow up on the people who owe you money or things
- Review your recurring luxury costs (Netflix, etc) and evaluate whether you still really need them
- Backup any important files on your computer/laptop/phone
- Export your Google, FB, Instagram and Twitter data
- Actually, maybe just quit Facebook altogether
- Wash your hands, keep your distance, avoid going out or meeting people unless absolutely necessary. We are still in a pandemic!
- Speak truth to power.
- Be kind.
Some stuff I'm looking forward to in 2021 (who knows if they will actually release as scheduled! This section is updated as news come out.):
|Mar 18||Justice League Snyder Cut|
|Jul 09||Black Widow||orig. May 07|
|Aug 06||The Suicide Squad|
|Sep 03||Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings||orig. Jul 09|
|Sep 24||Venom Let There Be Carnage||orig. Jun 25|
|Sep 30||No Time To Die|
|Oct 01||The Batman|
|Nov 09||Mission Impossible 7|
|Dec 17||Spider-Man No Way Home|
|Dec 22||Matrix 4|
|Dec 22||Black Adam|
|2022||Ghostbusters Afterlife||Ghostbuster Afterlife Moves to Nov 2021|
|2022||Uncharted||Uncharted Movie Delayed to 2022|
- nothing! Hey, maybe I can work on that backlog!
|Feb||Superman and Lois|
|Mar 19||The Falcon and The Winter Soldier|
|Mar 26||Invincible (Prime Video)|
|Dec||The Book of Boba Fett|
(I think I'm most looking forward to James Gunn's The Suicide Squad)