Pandemic thoughts and updates, July 26 edition:
- Watching mass via Facebook again today. The nearby Church actually holds services, but last I heard it was only 10 people per mass, and need to call ahead of time. It doesn't seem likely we'll be going anytime soon.
- grocery run yesterday, without incident
- last Thursday I finally got a haircut my last one was around New Year's Day, so this was around six and a half months of hair cut off. I didn't go to a barbershop, this was a home service haircut, care of a lady who works at a neighboring salon, who actually came over to do some home care service for my mom.
- As of last night, we are at 78412 cases (+2019 from the day before, +13108 from last week, slight acceleration week-on-week), 1897 deaths (+20 from the day before, +224 from last week, lower jump than last week), 25752 recoveries (+1278 from the day before, +3685 from last week, much less than last week's jump). The admin claims that if we breach 85k cases by end-July, Metro Manila may go back to NCQ. First, that seems likely to happen so we'll see. Second, it seems a bit unfair and illogical to make Metro Manila's quarantine status dependent on national case numbers, but whatever. Reference.
- Worldwide, we are at 16.2M cases (+1.8M from last week, slight acceleration) and almost 650k deaths. The US retains a comfortable lead over second placer Brazil. Caveat: these numbers are from Worldometer.