Pandemic thoughts and updates, July 19 edition:
- only left the house once all week, to get cash from an ATM.
- Watching mass via Facebook again today
- A couple of weeks ago, someone I knew had someone in their household (a medical worker) test positive for the virus. Now everyone in their household is staying in separate rooms and eating separately while they wait to be tested. After a week and a half, out of 5 adults who need to be tested, only 2 have been tested and gotten their results (prioritized because they were seniors). How can we make decisions with this kind of lag on testing and getting results?
- As of last night, we are at 65304 cases (+2357 from the day before, +11082 from last week, roughly same slope as last week), 1773 deaths (+113 from the day before, +401 from last week, this is a huge jump), 22067 recoveries (+321 from the day before, +8030 from last week, also a huge jump). Reference.
- Worldwide, we are at 14.4M cases (+1.6M from last week) and around 605k deaths. Three countries have now broken 1M cases: USA, Brazil and India. Caveat: these numbers are from Worldometer.