Covid19 thoughts and updates, June 14 edition:
- Aside from doing another grocery run this weekend, I also accompanied my mom to the hospital last Saturday. Nothing major, just a consult that had been put off due to all of this. Before letting us into the hospital, there were the usual temperature checks, but they also had us fill up a form with name, address and contact details, I assume for contact tracing purposes. We waited for a couple of hours in the doctor’s queue (my mom was only there to get a referral, which in itself only took like 5 minutes). The hospital was mostly empty, we didn’t see any actual sick patients in most of the waiting areas I think. Seating was limited - they had blocked off the seat rows such that only 2 out of every 4 seats was usable. I was super anxious about touching anything, and probably used hand sanitizer at least 5 times during the visit. Their canteen was open, I only went in to get some water while waiting.
- Watched mass via Facebook again today.
- GCQ in Metro Manila was supposedly only up to the 15th. It’s the 14th, and we still don’t know what happens after that. In fact, I’m not even sure the IATF has already announced their recommendations. There are rumors going around that we may get sent back to ECQ. Some authorities are saying limited restaurant dine-in will be available this week. In spite of this, my mom already scheduled some tests at the hospital, a result of the referral consult I mentioned earlier.
- As of last night, we are at 25293 cases (+607 from the day before, +4052 from last week), 1074 deaths (+22 from the day before, +80 from last week), 5706 recoveries (+252 from the day before, +1265 last week). Jumps slightly lower than last week, except for recoveries which are about the same, so that’s good news. Let’s see what happens next week. Reference.
- Worldwide, we are at 7.8+ million cases and 432,000 deaths. Caveat: these numbers are from Worldometer.