Perhaps unsurprisingly, I'm enjoying tinkering with the site layout at the moment. I give up on expecting a "stable version" of the site anytime soon and readers can expect incremental updates unannounced going forward. This site is now perpetually under renovation.
Current layout image (this image is recursive):
- Someone called me out for not using a dark theme, so now here we are with a garish gray and green and orange theme, you're welcome.
- Generally moving around of content and UI and adding of navigation items and such
- Comment system revamp! I've removed Disqus, since that was a bit of a loading problem. Comments are now saved in the repo as static files; it took me a bit to figure that out, I described my approach on the Hugo forums. Unfortunately this means that for now there is no way to comment directly on posts. I will be adding that back later, hopefully in a matter of days. Having the comments be a separate post type means you can now browse them directly.
- Webmentions! I set up webmention.io and brid.gy so this site now accepts webmentions. Currently only Twitter webmentions are enabled on brid.gy (see the samples in the screenshots above).
- Search! Previously the search widget was only sending you to a
- I also joined a webring! So 1990s lol. It's a webring for Indieweb people, I've been enjoying browsing other people's sites. Brings me back to the early 2000s internet. Links are in the footer!
There are almost certainly broken things still around, but I wanted to push the initial changes for now.
If you enjoyed my content for some reason, I'd love to hear from you! Here are some options:
- You can buy me a coffee!
- Click here to post a comment!
- You can share or reply to this post on Twitter.
- You can write a reply on your own site and submit the URL as a webmention via the form below.
- Or you can just contact me!