The Amass ability will create a zombie army token if you don't have one
- 💬 Reply to :
Well done. Batching the previews today so that the cards portray the invasion of Ravnica was great as well. No idea how strong the set will be, but the lore is great so farQuoted wizards_magic's tweet:
We have a fight to finish.
War of the Spark features 36 Planeswalker cards and a story experience unlike anything before. The multiverse is at stake. Will you join the fight? #MTGWAR
Play it first on @MTG_Arena April 25th
Prerelease April 27-28th
- 🔁 Repost from MrAlanCooper:
Software development is so NOT carpentry. Carpenters around the world get very consistent results from known materials, tools, and processes. 1 https://twitter.com/canis_veteris/status/1112157768146919425
- 🔁 Repost from ben_rosen:
90s scientists: we cloned a sheep! we landed a robot on mars!
scientists today: for the last time, the earth is round
- Daily news reading is a habit I inherited from my father, who tends to read the morning newspaper at the dining table during breakfast every morning and most other meals as well, even to this day. Some would say a bad habit, especially when among company. These days my morning newspaper consists mostly of Flipboard articles, then the local newspaper during lunch and dinner if I am at home. Aside from mealtime readings, I also regularly take breaks to check what is going on in social media and my RSS reader. I am, to invent a word, hyperinformed. As soon
Posted on r/Philippines: Weekly or monthly news summary?
- The big one this month was Captain Marvel. I posted the usual spoiler-free review over on Tumblr, but I have some more spoiler-y thoughts over here: (Spoilers) While I thought the movie was ok, I was underwhelmed by the third act and specifically the lack of any serious threat for Carol to defeat towards the end of the movie. As this tumblr post explains more clearly than I ever could, perhaps the issue is that the narrative is not something targetted towards me as a man, who has not experienced the emotional gaslighting IRL that many women are exposed to.
- 💬 Reply to :
Now that we've read a bit about DTLA, we're looking at the Hollywood area for a place to stay instead, would this be a bad idea?
Posted on r/LosAngeles: Advice for a tourist staying in downtown LA for a few days
I heard some areas may be sketchy/unsafe, any specific areas/streets we should avoid? I might be travelling with some little kids, if that matters. Accomodations (hotel/airbnb) not finalized yet, so any responses we can still factor in
Annoyingly, Google Maps always want to default to Tagalog/Filipino language. (I prefer English)
- 🔁 Repost from jasonkarns:
Bought a mechanical keyboard with more resistance so my code will be strongly typed.
- I posted a quote yesterday about how if you're feeling like an outsider or you don't belong, you should take the take to try and "find the others" who are more similar to yourself. For every person, there likely exists a "tribe", not necessarily all in one place, a community where that person would fit in. And in the modern age, the internet and social media make it all the more easier for such "outsiders" to connect with each other. There is a power to this connection, to finding your tribe. It gives you strength and reinforces your beliefs and
Fridays are for wasting away
- 🔁 Repost from agasramirez:
Looking to make money, offering the ff services:
Staring in awe at you in public until people think you're a celebrity (3k)
Yelling "tutol ako!" at your ex's wedding (4k) + 1k w/ tears
Lurking in all black at your funeral so people think you died with a secret (5k)
Survey: if everyone could vote for only one of the current senatorial candidates, which one would you vote and why?
- “Admit it. You aren’t like them. You’re not even close. You may occasionally dress yourself up as one of them, watch the same mindless television shows as they do, maybe even eat the same fast food sometimes. But it seems that the more you try to fit in, the more you feel like an outsider, watching the “normal people" as they go about their automatic existences. For every time you say club passwords like “Have a nice day" and “Weather’s awful today, eh?", you yearn inside to say forbidden things like “Tell me something that makes you cry" or “What
- 💬 Reply to :
@magnifique_f8h wala kayo water?
- As a follow-up to yesterday's post about Google Plus being discontinued, I should note that you should be regularly doing backups of all your social media content anyway. Most of them will provide easily accessible backup tools, but probably they have to be accessed via a web browser. Here are the relevant pages for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. (And be wary of sites like Quora that don't have a direct backup option.) I'm not saying these services are going to fail and shut down mind you (though that's a disinct possibility with all the controversy these days). But there's a
- 🔁 Repost from ChelDiokno:
Pangulo, batas ang sinusulat sa Senado, hindi kanta. https://twitter.com/inquirerdotnet/status/1110528232380456960