I've been meaning to add SSL to this blog ever since I first heard of Let's Encrypt last year. Unfortunately, support on my otherwise awesome webhost was not yet first-class and seemed complicated at the time, so I kept putting it off. But recently I was testing something unrelated and found out that I needed to have SSL on my server in order for OAuth2 to work, so I grudgingly got to it.
Luckily I found out about a handy utility written in Ruby that does most of the stuff for me: letsencrypt-webfaction. It was surprisingly easy to setup, with only a single false start because I had a silly typo.
So now this site has SSL! Hooray!
If you enjoyed my content for some reason, I'd love to hear from you! Here are some options:
- You can buy me a coffee!
- Click here to post a comment!
- You can share or reply to this post on Twitter.
- You can write a reply on your own site and submit the URL as a webmention via the form below.
- Or you can just contact me!
Nice. I got SSL from Cloudflare.
Oh nice, I didnt know Cloudflare provided SSL