Backend: The server side uses Python and Django behind mod_python on Apache, with a MySQL database. The following Django apps and Python libraries are used:
- custom made blog application by myself
- built-in (contrib) apps: admin, comments, sitemaps, flatpages
- comment_utils for advanced comment moderation features
- Beautiful Soup for XML/HTML parsing
- Pygments for syntax highlighting. See the Pygments Demo!
- Markdown2 so that I can post using Markdown.
As is typical for hobbyist software development, I started working on this site with only a minimal set of features considered, but as I kept working I kept wanting to add more stuff. Some notable custom-made features:
- XMLRPC server, supporting Metaweblog API and Pingbacks. I actually only added the metaweblog support so I could post from Flock
- Autocard support (same as my previous Autocard plugin for WP) and syntax highlighting of code.
- Automatic extraction of twitter and delicious entries into the sidebar
- Gravatar support for comments
All entries from the previous "roytang / weblog", "Roy on Magic" and "Roy on Django" have been imported using a custom data conversion script, but nothing is perfect so some of the older posts may be badly formatted. (Comment on those posts!)
Hosting: Provided by Webfaction.
- You can buy me a coffee!
- Click here to post a comment!
- You can write a reply on your own site and submit the URL as a webmention via the form below.
- Or you can just contact me!