Recent Blog Posts
Traditional blog posts, usually longer than other types, with a title.
Photos, sketches, screenshots, and definitely memes.
Microblog-like status updates.
Pandemic thoughts and updates, July 12 edition:
- haven’t had a haircut since January. Been urged to go out and get one, but feels like an unnecessary risk. As a friend of mine said “Like, it’s one thing to get sick because I picked up groceries or something. Would feel really dumb to be intubated because I wanted a haircut”
- Did a grocery run yesterday. Not too crowded. Hopefully didn’t get sick.
- Watching mass via Facebook again today
- As of last night, we are at 54222 cases (+1387 from the day before, +12392 from last week), 1372 deaths (+12 from the day before, +82 from last week), 14037 recoveries (+807 from the day before, +2584 from last week). Record high week for number of new cases. We broke past 2000 new daily cases this week, three times! One thing that still surprises me is how long recoveries take. Even though we only quarantine for 14 days if sick (in theory), many cases seem to be lasting a month or more. Like four weeks ago we only had 25k cases, but now we only have 14k recoveries, so there’s 11k active cases that have had the virus for four weeks now? It may also be due to a lag in testing, reporting and verifying recoveries I guess. I wish someone would come out with an analysis of all the deaths/recoveries to break down how long their cases lasted. Reference.
- Worldwide, we are at 12.8M cases (+1.5M from last week) and around 567k deaths. Rate of new cases accelerating worldwide as well. US and Brazil still a strong no. 1 and no. 2 respectively, India and Russia jostling for 3rd place. Caveat: these numbers are from Worldometer.
@quizandhers Oh, thanks for reporting!
Ang mensahe nila ay GMA-7, ABC-5 at ibang media - huwag nyo saktan ang Pangulo ha. At wag na wag nyo kaming banatan sa expose nyo. Maging tuta na lang kayo. Tulad namin. #DefendPressFreedom
And yet it moves
Listening to these dishonorable Congressmen rant about their personal problems vs a broadcast network to justify taking them down reminds me of the Filipino saying “Kung gusto may paraan, kung ayaw may dahilan”
Can’t access mastodon.technology since last night, via either my broadband or mobile network. Downforeveryoneorjustme says it’s up. I assume if it’s some kind of ip ban I would at least see a message instead of just timing out
@Westraid Not an American, but I really like Reese’s
Are there any younger indie bloggers regularly writing about current events in the PH? We need more independent blogs about the PH. I’d do it myself, but with this government, it’s just exhausting. Young people still have that energy. (Preferably not on FB or with a ton of ads)