Hi, my name is Roy
I'm a freelance software developer, solution architect, and technical consultant, with over 15 years for experience. If you have interesting work for me, you can check out my resume.
I have a bunch of stuff here. Look around, maybe you'll find something that interests you.
There's the blog, where I write about things like software development, Magic the Gathering, gaming, movies, tv, books, and tech life. I also write weeknotes, which are more of personal updates, but also sometimes include links I find interesting. Here are some of my favorite posts.
There's also a notes page, which is more like shorter, day-to-day microblog entries. A lot of my other activities on platformss are also syndicated back here as notes.
There's a links page, where I share various links of interest.
There's a photos page, which is just all the images and videos publicly available on the site (and via my social media stuff, etc). Liberally sprinkled with memes and gaming screenshots. I also do this daily sketching thing, which I collect in an sketchbook album.
There's some other stuff around as well. I don't really know how to link to everything, so I made an explore page.
I am open to talking to strangers! Or friends even! Feel free to contact me.
Recent blog posts
- Weeknotes 2021-05-09
- Book Review: Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
- Digital Boardgames Review: Root
- Weeknotes 2021-05-02
- Math and Privilege
Featured blog posts
- My Eyeglasses Belong To The Sea
- Scenes from a Quiz Night
- Sketching Daily
- Globe's Fair Use Policy and the "Rotten Bananas", four years later
- Reddit PH: Software Dev Q&A
- This is Metro Manila
- Tales from the Old Web (Development)
- Thoughts on Blogging, 2020 Edition
- My current HTML boilerplate
- How to have better arguments online
- Why Lichess will always be free.
- How To Live In Wonder
- Yahoo, the Destroyer