For some reason, I keep wanting to update this site. I’m actually doing this more often than studying for the board, studying game development, studying Japanese or writing anything else. I wonder why? Anyway, I added a humor page and a special “Who Am I?” page. Check ’em out. Also the Anime ROMs site should be fully operational by now.
So I went and saw Lord of the Rings last Friday. As everyone expected, it was an excellent movie, and the theater was jam packed. We had to use all our mighty skills to get seats. Even my first brother, who doesn’t normally watch movies, enjoyed it and said it was great. My only complaint is that the movie is too long! I mean, I know Tolkien created a huge world and all, but did they really have to show the party traveling through numerous forests, mountains and snow without advancing the plot? That’s one of the reasons I didn’t get to finish the book, I felt the plot dragged along in favor of the lengthy descriptions. The movie does this too, but to a lesser extent.
Hopefully, the site is now Netscape-safe…
Uploaded more stuff today: I put up an ECE Board Exam Reviewer — it’s a software that helps me review for the upcoming ECE boards. It’s in the files section. I really should add that to the list of resolutions: WILL STUDY FOR BOARD EXAM!
I also decided to renovate and re-use the geocities site so I put up an Anime ROMs site there. I wanted to put up the Anime ROMs before, but I was worried about what Topcities might do, since Ihaven’t heard anything about what they do to copyright violations on member sites. They might delete all my files or something. At Geocities, the worst case scenario is that I lose the ROM files!
Sore wa watashi no homupeiju desu…See? I’m working on it!
Well…you learn something new everyday! And today I learned that Netscape is very strict about HTML coding. Unclosed tags will screw up even the simplest of web pages! Spent quite some time rewriting the HTML to be Netscape friendly…
Changed the layout even more! Added a start page containing the menu only, so that visitors wouldn’t have to listen to me ranting all the time. Uploaded some stuff, since my COMPUTER IS PROBABLY GOING TO DIE SOON! It’s on its last legs…I can feel it. Over the next couple of days I’ll probably be uploading stuff that I don’t have backed up elsewhere. For now the only new upload is a bunch of high school pics. See the Files section for more.
Towards my resolutions:
* I went on over to FF.net to see if the last fic (Nobody Wants to Live Forever) got any reviews. Whee! Got some positive ones. I’ll try to write more soon.
* I downloaded a free Win32 C++ compiler+GUI. It’s Dev-C++, available at
Bloodshed Software. Also, I downloaded some of the old Win32 programming lessons from ReliSoft. I’ll probably redo all the work since my previous trials had been lost in an HD formatting a while back. The sad thing is that the DirectX SDKs are unbelievably huge, 100+ Megs, even the older DX5.0, so I probably won’t be doing any DX programming ’til I get a new computer.
* Learning Japanese? Well…I’m working on it I guess. I checked out some lessons at Japanese-Online.com. I’ve gone through them before, but I didn’t really follow through so I forgot. =)
Anything else? Okay:
* Turns out another Square SNES game has been gifted with a translation patch! The game is Live-a-Live, a strange sort of RPG. I tried it out a bit, but now I’m stuck. =( It’s really weird. Hulk Hogan appears in it! Except that he’s named MaxBomber or something.
* More new links:
has a lot of info for would-be webmasters.
teaches you some neat hacking tricks, all of ’em legal!
New Year’s Resolutions:
* Write more. Fanfiction, original works, whatnot. I need to shape up my writing skills.
* Devote more time to game development. My interest sort of waned after a certain group project I was on fizzled out, but I’m gonna get back on track.